NGOs, governments, regulators, businesses, enterprises, local financial institutions and others are invited to submit proposals that facilitate the upscaling of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies at national and international levels.
This 9th Programme Cycle REEEP is interested in funding projects that will:
- scale–up business models for clean energy to ensure growth in existing markets and new market penetration;
- support decentralised and/or off-grid generation to extend access to energy and its related opportunities;
- harness the benefits of clean energy in food production and the efficient use of energy in agricultural applications;
- employ clean energy in providing reliable water supply; and
- support communication and provide and open up energy data and information to
- assist with informed decision making and planning as energy systems change.
- Funded projects are required to be implemented over a 12-month period. Longer-term projects of up to 24 months’ duration are possible in special cases.
REEEP is seeking proposals from selected priority countries: Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Chad, Brazil, China, Colombia, Ethiopia, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Lao PDR, Liberia, Mozambique, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Peru, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, and Vietnam.
Any proposal from a non-target country has a very low chance of securing funding; you may submit a proposal with the understanding that the chances are low.