Applications are invited by UN-HABITAT for the Urban Youth Fund 2013 which aims to support urban youth in developing countries. These grants focus to promote youth empowerment as the solution for better urban governance.
This fund promotes the poverty reduction aims of Millennium Development Goals and the Habitat Agenda for better, more sustainable and equitable towns and cities throughout the developing world. It provides grants of up to $25,000 for new ideas and solutions for job creation, good governance, adequate shelter and secure tenure.
Applicant organizations must be led by young people aged 15-32 years and be based in cities or towns in developing countries to qualify for a grant. Support will be provided primarily for those working to improve slum conditions and to raise opportunities for young people growing up in poverty. Projects encouraging gender equality or involving partnerships with the government or the private sector are particularly encouraged.
- Young men and women aged between 18 and 32 years may apply for the Fund through legally registered, youth-led non-profit, non-government organisations (NGOs). Projects must be implemented within a city or town with more than 10,000 inhabitants.
- Organisations must have been legally registered for at least one year in one of the following regions: Africa; Latin America and the Caribbean; Asia (excluding Japan); Oceania (excluding Australia and New Zealand). They must be non-profit, non-government (NGOs or CBOs) although UN organisations, government organisations and private enterprises may engage in partnership with youth–led organisations. They must have a valid bank account. They must involve girls and young women at all levels of decision-making.
- A Non-governmental Organization (NGO), Community organizations are eligible to apply.
How to apply?
- The application is ONLY available online in the following languages; English, French and Spanish. The application must be made in the same language as the one selected, and must be completed in full. The system will not allow applicant to submit the application unless all fields are completed and all compulsory attachments are submitted.
- Applications submitted in hardcopy or by e-mail will NOT be accepted.
- Please make sure that applicants finish the application and submit all compulsory attachments in the system before the deadline. The deadline is final and not up for discussion.
For more information, visit this link