The Center for International Private Enterprise is organizing the Global Editorial Cartoon Competition 2012 to share creative ways of capturing key issues affecting the development of your country. The cartoons can be submitted on the subjects of democratic governance, entrepreneurship and youth empowerment.
There are no restrictions on who can participate in this competition – it is open to participants of all ages, professional and amateur cartoonists. Participants may submit cartoons in all three categories and a maximum of two cartoons per category. Submissions must be work original to the artist.
- Preferred format: .jpg (.png and .tiff files are also acceptable)
- Digital versions: Minimum resolution of 300 dpi and dimensions of 600 pixels wide and 400 pixels high (must be suitable for printing).
- Hard-copy versions: A4 (210 X 297 mm) or A3 (297 X 410 mm) and Letter (216 × 279 mm)
- Submissions may include different sizes of cartoons – single panel, a strip, or a two-tier strip.
- Submissions must be static images with no Flash or other animation.
- English translations MUST be provided for any text or captions in Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish.
- All submissions (files) MUST have the name and country of entrant included in the file.
- Due diligence will be conducted throughout the competition process. Plagiarism or any violation of competition rules will result in immediate disqualification from this and any future CIPE Global Editorial Cartoon Competition.
Deadline: 15 July 2012
For further information, visit the link.