The New Horizons for Women Trust was incorporated in 1992. Its objective is to provide grants to assist women develop their potential. Since 1993, the Trust annually raises funds and administers second-chance education awards, research awards, and other special awards including the prestigious Ria McBride Public Service Management Award for Women. These awards are available as a result of public donations, the generosity of individual, family and organizational sponsors and donors and from bequests.
New Horizons Research award of value $6,000 will be awarded to at least two for the duration of 1 year. Applicants for the research awards may be an individual woman, or group of women who are conducting research which is relevant and value to women and girls in New Zealand. All eligible applications received will be considered for the full range of research awards available in any one year.
Individual women and groups of women may apply. All applicants must be women who are New Zealand citizens or have New Zealand permanent residency and are resident in New Zealand. Award winners will be selected by a panel from all eligible applications received. The panel will be looking for research topics which have relevance and value for women and girls in New Zealand. They will also be looking for research proposals which: are objective, well-scoped, with sound methodology and a realistic budget and time frame; demonstrate the applicant’s ability to carry out the research; demonstrate the applicant’s need for financial support; and will have outcomes which can make a difference for women and girls in New Zealand.
Applicants must provide the following:
- · A completed two-page application form for the current year. Please complete it in black ballpoint or type. Complete all sections of the form, providing as much detail as possible. Do not leave any sections blank. Do not provide the information on separate sheets of paper
- · Two recent written references. These should support the project and testify to the ability of the researcher(s) to carry out the project. Telephone numbers must be supplied for each referee. Note that these references are an essential part of your application. It will not be considered without them
- · An itemized budget. This should show how the award would be used and any other definite or possible sources of funding, including work contributed by volunteers. The award may not be used to pay for university or other research institution overheads or administration charges
- · A short, relevant CV for each researcher – no more than one page each
- · Ethics Committee approval. A statement saying whether or not approval of the research by an ethics committee is required. If approval is required, a copy of that approval must be included with the application.
Closing dates for applications
Monday 30 April 2012
Tuesday 30 April 2013
30 April each year
For further information, visit the link.