Applications must be submitted on-line by 30th September, 2012
The major objective of the IPCC Scholarship Programme is to build capacity in the understanding and management of climate change in developing countries through providing opportunities for young scientists from developing countries to undertake studies which would not be possible without the intervention of the Fund.
Applications from students from Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and Small Island Developing States (SIDS) researching topics with the fields of study chosen for the call for applications are given priority.
Proposals should focus on one of the following fields of study:
· Socio-economic modeling related to climate change
· Underlying science of climate change
· Climate change and water
The Call for Applications is open to candidates fulfilling the following requirements:
· Post-Graduate students at PhD level, accepted at a recognized educational institution to start studies in 2013, or currently enrolled on continuing PhD courses
· Applicants must be younger than 30 years of age at the time of application
· Applicants must be nationals of developing countries
Priority will be given to students from Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and Small Island Developing States (SIDS). Equal opportunity will be given to equally qualified women. Research proposals for the second Call for Applications will focus on one of the following fields of study:.
For further information, visit the link.