Deadline- September 30th, 2012
Countries/Region- All Countries
Applications are invited for Google RISE Awards for 2013in the fields of Roots in Science and Engineering – Awards are designed to promote and support Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) and Computer Science (CS) education initiatives. Google believes that technology will continue to play an important role in shaping future, and the youth of today will help innovate and drive these technologies for years to come.
Award amounts range from $5,000 – $25,000 USD.
How to apply?
All applicants are required to fill out a general application form and submit a detailed proposal including organization and program information as well as a detailed program budget. This application process is subject to change.
- Make a copy of this proposal template and fill out applicants proposal details.
- When applicant have completed their proposal, applicant will need to complete the RISE application form and make sure to link their completed proposal. Please make sure that applicant proposal is shared appropriately before submitting their application form.
- Organizations from around the globe who are working to promote and support Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM), as well as Computer Science (CS) education initiatives with an emphasis on increasing engagement of socioeconomically disadvantaged students, girls, and under-represented minorities are eligible for consideration.
- Organization primarily award CS and STEM initiatives that support K-12 student enrichment, including university-led programs, in all applicable regions. University programs focused on university-level students are also funded, but only within the United States, Canada, and Brazil.
Ideal K-12 / Pre-University & university STEM programs or projects should-
- Inspire excitement in STEM and CS
- Improve, advance and enrich students’ understanding of STEM and/or CS education
- Include hands-on learning activities in STEM and/or CS education
- Google RISE Awards are specifically geared towards STEM and CS educational and outreach programs around the world
- Applications are encouraged from organizations and educational institutions regardless of the socio-economic status, race, or gender of the students they serve
- Please note that the RISE team is not able to provide one on one consultations during the review process (both prior to applying and after applications have been submitted) to ensure no bias is given to specific organizations
For more information, visit this link