East Asian Development Network (EADN) is pleased to invite submissions of proposals for Individual Research Grants. The purpose of this program is to strengthen the capacity of institutions and independent researchers in East Asia to undertake high quality, development-focused and policy-relevant research in the social sciences.
Research proposals related to economics, human development, political and social dynamics, gender issues, international relations and other topics within the social sciences will be considered. Proposals which are development-oriented and which have implications for policy will be given preference.
Other thematic areas to be covered-
- Urbanization and Development
- Development Finance
- Agriculture, Development and Natural Resources
- Inequality, Poverty, Social Protection and Social Policy
- Rule of Law, Governance, Institutions and Development
- Human Capital Formation, Education and Development
- Labor Markets, Employment and International Migration
Eligibility & Criteria-
- Researchers who are nationals and residents of any East Asian developing country are eligible to apply. Applications can be made by individual researchers or by research teams.
- In case of a proposal by a research team, the team may include researchers who are non-nationals or non-residents of any East Asian developing country (although this is not encouraged). Such researchers must hold a minor role in the team and the team leader must be a national and resident of an East Asian developing country.
- As part of research capacity building, joint research proposals by senior and junior researchers are encouraged.
For more information, visit this link