- Championing Children – Commitment to the welfare of young people
- Community Crusader – Creating solutions to a local problem or social issue
- Defending the Planet – Innovative efforts to preserve and protect the environment
- Medical Marvel – Dedication to the enhancement of Human Health
- Protecting the Powerless – Advancing the cause of Human or Equal Rights
- Young Wonder – Outstanding achievement by a person 25 years old or under
- Other – If the hero’s (nominee’s) does not fit to any other categories.
Eligibility Criteria –
- Nominations must be in the name of a single individual, at least 13 years of age.
- Accomplishment of the nominees must have occurred (or continued) after 1 November 2013.
- Nominations submitted in prior years of the awards program which meet all requirements are also be considered eligible nominees.
- Groups and organizations are not eligible. Self-nominations are also not accepted.
For more information, please visit Nominate 2014 Hero page.