Online course on Human Rights Education is organized by North-South Centre of the Council of Europe – Global Education. The aim of this course is to provide an introduction to human rights education as part of the Global Education context, and deal with its concepts, approaches, strategies and action, by considering its interconnections between the global and local. For this course English language is basic requirement.
The course has been designed to complement the Global Education Guidelines, a pedagogical tool for educators and policy makers to understand and implement Global Education, and share with a wider audience concepts and approaches promoted by the North-South Centre’s Global Education programme.
- To offer a platform to exchange ideas on human rights education
- To reflect on the concepts related to global education, human rights and human rights education
- To develop a better understanding of human rights education in practice
- To explore the dilemmas and challenges in human rights education
- To assist in developing activities
- To connect local and international practitioners and other relevant actors in the field
- To strengthen the network of global and human rights education practitioners
Eligibility & Criteria-
- The course in general is targeted at people working in or with human rights education, either as part of international organisations, national educational institutions or those working for national and local civil society organisations. The course also welcomes students with a special interest in the topic
- be in command of the English language
- be able to spend a minimum of 10 hours per week (every week) on course work
- have basic ICT skills and a minimum of internet access
For more information, visit this link