The United Nations Department of Public Information is accepting applications for Model UN Workshops which aims to provide student leaders who are actively involved in organizing Model UN programmes at the university.
Their are 2 workshops which will be conducted in-
- Vienna from 8–11 July 2013
- UN Headquarters in NY from September 2013 and August 2014.
The objective of this workshops is to examine how Model UN simulations can more accurately capture the negotiation process as it commonly occurs at the UN. The workshops will provide unprecedented access to UN senior officials.
Eligibility & Criteria-
- The MUN Workshop in Vienna, Austria is open to any student who will be organizing a Model UN programme at the university level any where in Europe between August 2013 and July 2014.
- The MUN Workshop at UN Headquarters in NY is open to any student who will be organizing a Model UN programme at the university level any where in the world
- Faculty and visors who have a role in planning MUN conferences as well as students who are interested in organizing a Model UN conference and have had a leadership role in other Model UN programmes (for example, as Secretary-General, Under-Secretary-General, President of the General Assembly, President of the Security Council, member of a Committee Bureau which includes the Committee Chair, Co-Chair, Secretary or Rapporteur) can also apply.
- Students who have only had experience as a delegate but are thinking of organizing a MUN conference can submit an application and request to be put on a waiting list.
For more information, visit this link