Deadline- 12 September 2012
Countries/Region- All Countries
Nominations now open for International Programme Committee Co-Chairs - AIDS 2014, which is being organized in a partnership between the International AIDS Society (IAS), as the convenor, the international community partners including the Positive Women’s Network (PWN), the Global Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS (GNP+), the International Community of Women Living with HIV/AIDS (ICW), the International Council of AIDS Service Organizations (ICASO), Sidaction, local Australian and regional partners, UNAIDS and its co-sponsors.
The programme committees (Community, Leadership and Accountability, and Scientific) have a central role in defining the conference programme. Community involvement is an important part of this evolution of the planning process.
The International Partners will be selecting one of the Co-Chairs for each of the three committees-
- Community Programme Committee
- Leadership and Accountability Programme Committee
- Scientific Programme Committee
Eligibility & Criteria-
- Broad experience with the issues of people living with and affected by HIV and AIDS, vulnerable communities and HIV-related non-governmental and community based
- Proven ability torepresent, and consult with a wide variety of constituencies and community stakeholders, and not just applicant’s own constituency.
- Proven ability to lead and facilitate the program development activities within a team setting
- Ability to attend and participate fully in all meetings and teleconferences
- Ability and capacity to communicate by telephone, fax, and email
- Ability to work in written and spoken English as documentation is generally provided, and group discussions are, in English
- Additional languages and trans-cultural experience an asset
- Proven ability to review large volumes of documentation in advance of meeting and/or strategic decisions
- Be sensitive to all aspects of diversity
- Assurance that you and/or your organization/institution can provide some protected time for conference related duties.
How to Apply?
- Individuals are asked to apply on their own behalf and must complete and return the application form.
- The Community Partners of AIDS2014 have established this open call for nominations for the programme committee co-chairs. Nominations will be considered first by the community partners by reviewing applications on the basis of the established criteria. The partners will submit a shorter final list of nominations for discussion and agreement by the International Partners (IAS – with multiple votes, UNAIDS, PWN, GNP+, ICW, ICASO, Sidaction).
- The final selected members of the programme committees will be made public. It will not be possible to reply individually to every applicant.
For more information, visit this link