Applicants around the world are invited to participate in UNAOC – EF Summer School which aims to brings together 100 youth from across the globe to address pressing global challenges within the context of cultural and religious diversity. The UNAOC – EF Summer School will be conducted in Tarrytown, NY, USA, from 24 to 31 of August 2013. For this program English Language will be the basic requirement.
- contribute to the empowerment of young people by enhancing their intercultural skills and competences
- strengthen young people’s capacity to get involved in the preparation and implementation of cooperative action across borders
- facilitate networking and exchanges between young people
- develop a network of alumni and make it an important platform for joint action to help address a global challenge
Themes and topics Covered-
- Negotiation for peace-building and cooperation
- Using social media for positive social change
- Fostering responsible global citizenship
- Effective advocacy
- Media and information literacy
- Essentials of social entrepreneurship
Eligibility & Criteria-
- be between the ages of 18 and 35 years old on 24 August 2013 — the start of the UNAOC – EF Summer School.
- be linked to an organization or a network (e.g. youth council, youth NGO, not-profit organization, youth-led organization, community organization, faith-based organization, youth network or platform, college, university), or be a social entrepreneur, blogger, intern or volunteer.
- hold a passport valid until at least March 2014 (for a visa to be issued, a passport needs to be valid for at least 6 months after the expected date of entry into the country).
- possess upper-intermediate English proficiency.
For more information, visit this link