European Commission has issued a restricted call seeking concept notes at first stage for projects that would improve labour market access of disadvantaged groups in Croatia. This call for proposals aims to improve opportunities for sustainable employment of disadvantaged groups in the country. The main priority of the program is to increase the employability of disadvantaged groups in order to integrate them into labour market.
Global Objective of this Call for Proposals
To increase opportunities for sustainable employment of disadvantaged groups.
Specific Objective of this Call for Proposals
To support disadvantaged groups in their integration into the labour market by increasing their employability.
The priorities of the Grant programme will be as follows:
- To enhance the employability of disadvantaged groups in order to integrate them into labour market;
- To raise the awareness of general public regarding employment of disadvantaged groups and employers’ awareness on advantages in employing disadvantaged groups in order to achieve their equal participation in the labour market.
- Unemployed persons with disabilities regardless of their age and duration in unemployment register
- Long term unemployed youth with low education level (up to primary education level)– up to the age of 24;
- Any person being unemployed longer than 5 years;
- Unemployed Roma persons;
- Employed Roma persons willing to upgrade their skills;
- Unemployed persons belonging to other national minorities
- Lot 1: Provision of tailor made skills development programs and individual support in job search processes to increase employability of disadvantaged groups.
- Lot 2: Projects aiming at development cooperatives of disadvantaged groups, with special focus to Roma cooperatives.
- Lot 3: Awareness raising projects combating stereotypes.
Types of Activities
- needs assessment for developing skills of people belonging to the target group, definition of skills/competence profile needed for a job;
- design and provision of skills development activities;
- assistance and support through education and know- how for self employment;
- provision of psycho-social empowerment and training in soft skills (communication, decision making, self-esteem, assertiveness);
- provision of work-related experience (if required by the training programme) to disadvantaged groups.
- Activities necessary for creation of cooperative and legal registration;
- Training of members and management staff of cooperative;
- Activities aimed at providing support in creation and management of the cooperatives run by disadvantaged persons, especially Roma minority representatives.
- Anti-stigma campaigns;
- Educational or informational activities/campaigns directed to general public, employers or to massmedia, NGOs, institutions, etc;
- Identification and promotion of good practices related to employment and self-employment.
The overall indicative amount made available under this Call for Proposals is EUR 2,000,000.
Last date for submitting the proposals is January 23, 2012.
For more information, visit this link.