The global objective of this Call for Proposals is to create opportunities for youth empowerment in the sector of culture, to include youth as drivers in social and economic development in South Africa.
The specific objective of this Call for Proposals is to empower youth in South Africa to improve their life skills through arts and culture activities which will engage with disadvantaged youth, include them in organising community life and open the way for youth to make a positive contribution to local development.
This call supports DAC priorities for future engagement with donors, specifically targeting juvenile offenders, youth and arts, human settlement and beautification of public spaces, and persons with disabilities.
Particular attention should also be given to cross-cutting issues such as youth participation, Millennium Development Goals, good governance, HIV/AIDS, crime and violence prevention, gender, environment, collaboration with non-state actors, social cohesion and capacity building.
Young people aged 14 – 35 are the target group for proposals under this programme, with a particular focus on disadvantaged youth, including juvenile offenders, young persons with disabilities and those in rural areas.
- Arts and culture productions with young people
- Arts and culture events targeting youth
- Arts and Culture projects linked to high schools
- Promotion of arts and culture in juvenile correctional facilities
- Art in public spaces
- EU-SA culture initiatives
- SA culture initiatives involving youth
- Professional/entrepreneurial training for young people on arts and culture
- Training on arts and culture administration
- Arts and culture research
- Capacity-building for national/provincial networks on arts and culture
Last date for submitting the proposal is 25 Aug, 2011
For further details and information, please visit the link.