Deadline- December 06, 2012
- Tanzania and Rwanda
- Proposals for Tanzania should focus on life-saving basic preventative and curative healthcare assistance, and protection for vulnerable groups and individuals, including prevention and response for sexual and gender-based violence, in Nyaragusu refugee camp in western Tanzania.
- Proposals for Rwanda should focus on camp management, basic preventative and curative healthcare assistance, water and sanitation, and sexual and gender-based violence prevention and response for refugees.
- While PRM does not discourage activities that also include the local host population along with refugees, proposals should concentrate on activities for refugees. At least 80% of beneficiaries must be refugees.
- Proposals for Uganda should focus on sexual and gender-based violence prevention and response targeting vulnerable groups, including LGBTI individuals, in urban refugee communities and in the refugee settlements in western Uganda.
- Proposals can choose to focus on assistance to either the refugee settlements or to urban refugee communities. While PRM does not discourage activities that also include the local host population along with refugees, proposals should concentrate on activities for refugees. At least 80% of beneficiaries must be refugees with the remainder, if any, being vulnerable individuals in host communities.
- Proposals must be submitted via Grants.gov.
- Do not wait until the last minute to submit your application on Grants.gov.
- Applications must be submitted under the authority of the Authorized Organization Representative (AOR) at the applicant organization.
- NGOs that have not received PRM funding prior to the U.S. Government fiscal year ending September 30, 2004 must be prepared to demonstrate that they meet the financial and accounting requirements of the U.S. Government by submitting copies of 1) the most recent external financial audit, 2) non-profit tax status under IRS 501 (c)(3), 3) a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number, and 4) an Employer ID (EIN)/Federal Tax Identification number.
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)
- status with IRS, other than institutions of higher education;
- Nonprofits without 501(c)(3) status with IRS, other than institutions of higher education; and (3) International Organizations. International Organizations (IOs) should not submit proposals through Grants.gov in response to this Funding Opportunity Announcement. Rather IOs such as UN agencies and other Public International Organizations (PIOs) that are seeking funding for programs relevant to this announcement should contact the relevant PRM Program Officer (as stated below) on or before the closing date of the funding announcement.
For more information, visit grants.gov and search by funding opportunity number. PRM-PRMOAPAF-13-003