The Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund® offers educational grants for females having age, 25 years and above from Developing countries.
The females should be enrolled at one of the following:
- University of cape town
- University of Pretoria
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of Witwatersrand
The MMMF was incorporated in 1981 to honor the memory of Margaret Craig McNamara forher commitment to women and children in the developing world. The MMMF has awarded 205 educational grants to women from 65 developing countries in last 31 years. The organization aims to benefit women and children and plan to return to their countries or regions.
The MMMF is making grants, for approximately US$ 4000 each, available to female students from developing countries undertaking university study at a listed university in South Africa. Eventual grant recipients would be expected to apply these funds to their educational, living and/or research expenses for the academic year 2013.
A woman is eligible to apply for a MMMF grant if she meets all the following criteria:
Has a record of service to women and/or children in her country or other developing country
- Is enrolled at one of the listed universities when applying and remains enrolled during the entire year covered by the grant.
- Will use the grant toward completion of her degree.
- Is a national of a World Bank lower or middle income developing member country
- Plans to return to her country or another developing country within about two years after completing use of the grant and perform at least two years of service
- Demonstrates financial need and satisfactory academic performance
- Is at least 25 years old by the application deadline
- Is not related to any World Bank Group staff member or his/her spouse
- There are no exceptions to the MMMF educational grant criteria listed above.
Closing date for applications, supporting documents and recommendations: August 20, 2012
For further information, visit the link.