The Belgian Development Cooperation (BTC) on the occasion of the 10th Fair Trade Week , through its Trade for Development Centre, is organising the 6th edition of the “Be Fair” contest and has issued a call for proposals for the same.
Organisations established in developing countries that are engaged in Fair Trade are invited to participate in the contest for one of the following two categories:
1. BE FAIR Award South-South: Best initiative for the promotion and sales of fair trade products/services within the domestic market and/or in markets of other developing countries
2. BE FAIR Award for Her: Organisation that best encompasses women’s participation and development.
- You have developed a project for the establishment of a company, association or cooperative that aims at promoting and selling fair trade products or fair trade services in the domestic market and/or to markets in other developing countries?
- You are a company, association or cooperative and you want to expand your activities with the aim of promoting and selling fair trade products or fair trade services in the domestic market and/or to markets in other developing countries?
- A professional jury will choose one laureate from the files submitted.
- Each laureate will receive a EUR 5,000 prize and can mention that it has won a “BE FAIR” Award in its publications and communication.
- The Trade for development Centre pays for the travel expenses (flight, accommodation, local transport and per diem) of 1 person representing the award-winning organisation to attend the BE FAIR award ceremony, taking place in Brussels, Belgium.
This contest is open for all legal entities established in countries that are considered to be developing countries by the DAC of the OECD.
Last date for submission of proposals is August 19, 2011
For more information and details, please visit these link.