LGT Venture Philantropy’s Global Social Impact iCats Fellowship provides opportunities where experienced professionals can create significant positive impact by applying their skills whilst increasing their social and business skills in an exceptional way. It matches experienced professionals with temporary positions at social ventures.
iCats work on a senior level within the ventures to build organizational capacity, systems, processes and additional management structures. Thus, they support the critical expansion and contribute significantly to scaling-up the ventures’ impact. All participating ventures are part of the LGT Venture Philanthropy portfolio. Hence, iCats are a vital part of LGT Venture Philanthropy’s support to its portfolio.
iCats take on clear roles and responsibilities, commit to clear goals and report monthly on the progress. Typical roles are business developers, financial analysts, strategy consultants, sales and marketing specialists, operations and process managers, PR and communication strategists, IT architects. Meet the previous cohorts to find out more about their work.
Each year, LGT Venture Philanthropy selects a limited number of applicants for its iCats Fellowship Program. The Fellowship Program is special in many ways. The selected iCats Fellows form a class by meeting with their peers in Zurich (Switzerland), undertaking an orientation training before the assignment and receiving an intense mentoring support throughout their engagement.
To participate in the iCats Program, successful candidates should:
- have an undergraduate degree
- have international work experience
- have a minimum of two years of relevant work experience
- have a positive attitude, be sensitive to other cultures and be strongly cause driven to make a difference
- be able to work unsupervised and take responsibility for own actions and for those reporting to them
- be prepared to make financial and personal sacrifices to serve the vision
- constantly adapt to a changing environment