Sample Job Description: Finance Officer
Job Title: Finance Officer
Date of Joining: April 2010
Reporting to: Director
Summary: The organization works for the upliftment of the poor and the disadvantaged communities in (project area) by increasing their access to resources and skills in a sustainable manner. It is currently implementing projects supported by (donors) in areas of income generation and livelihood development. The organization is currently seeking to appoint a Finance Officer to manage its financial operations.
The Finance Officer will:
- Oversee the financial operations of the organization and ensure timely and accurate financial reports and practices including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements, ledgers etc.
- Responsible for entering financial information and maintaining all financial records for projects and for the organization.
- Preparing and maintaining donor agreements and staff contracts.
- Manage financial control, prepare and analyze budgets, develop financial reports, and make recommendations to the organization on budget expenditures.
- Obtain approvals from the Director and from the donors on all procurements and purchases for the projects and for the organization.
- Monitor the expenditures to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately by the close of the fiscal year.
- Provide orientation and training to the organization staff on cost-effective management.
- Ensure that all financial reporting is completed on time and submitted to donors.
- Oversee the financial audits of all projects of the organization.
- Provide financial inputs for proposal development, project management, Human Resource Management policies, logistics, travel and other areas of administration.