A brochure or a pamphlet is a carefully designed promotional material providing information about the organization, its mission, objectives, areas of work, achievements and partners. It can different from the basic organizational profile since it will be more presentable with attractive designs (in many cases colorful) and pictures reflecting your organization, including its logo will be prominent featured.
Brochures have high advertising value and they can be distributed in meetings and workshops and even attached to documents. They also serve as important introductory documents about your organization.
A brochure can be bi-folded or tri-folded depending upon the volume of information that has to be covered in it. Bi-folded brochures can folded into halves and tri-folded brochures into thirds. There are other designs also available, but the more sophisticated they are, the more expensive they become.
Ideally, an NGO brochure comprises of the following:
- Organizational Logo
- Background to the Organization: A note about its founder or how it actually came out to be.
- Vision/Mission/Objectives of the Organization
- Areas of work
- Achievements made by the organization listed out.
- A small map of the geographical area where the NGO is working
- List of partner agencies, which can give credibility to the organization
- Complete contact address
- You can add photographs of the founder, any event, beneficiaries of your organization from the community, the staff team and/or any activity that profoundly reflects the vision and work of the NGO.