Characteristics of successful proposal writing
A good proposal must convince the donor/funding agencies about the following aspects of the project going to be proposed by the organization:
- The issue going to be addressed matches with the objectives/target area of the donor agency.
– The problem going to be addressed is of significant magnitude in the proposed area amongst the target population.
– A need assessment/baseline survey has already been done to assess the gravity of the problem.
– The beneficiaries were involved in need assessment by using various participatory tools (PRA/PLA/RRA etc.) & the organization believe in beneficiaries’ capacity & capabilities to bring changes.
– Partnership & networking with other organizations of the area who are working for the same problem/issue.
– Is the organization well equipped to undertake the project in terms of manpower, capital, infrastructure etc? An organization must do SWOT (Strength, Weaknesses, Opportunities & Threats) analysis before writing any proposal.
Browse more contents of this proposal writing guidebook at the following links:
- Few tips for proposal writing
- Cover Letter, Cover Page and Project Summary
- Problem Statement
- Goals, Objectives and Methodology
- Activities to be carried out
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Project Sustainability
- Expected Outcomes
- Profile of the organization
- Important Do’s before sending your Proposal