King Baudouin Foundation, in partnership with The Nexus Institute, Washington has developed a monitoring tool in the context of its Trafficking Victims Re/integration Programme (TVRP) in South-eastern Europe (SEE).
TVRP provides fund to NGO’s in several countries of the region. In addition to direct funding, the TVRP provides technical assistance and capacity development for partner organisations. The manual should be read as a practical complement to TVRP issue paper #3, “Re/integration of trafficked persons: developing monitoring and evaluation mechanisms”, which discusses issues involved in monitoring and evaluating anti-trafficking re/integration work.
Re/integration refers to the process of recovery and economic and social inclusion following a trafficking experience. Given the complexity of the re/integration process, it is particularly important that efforts are made to systematically monitor and evaluate assistance programmes to assess if and how re/integration has been achieved as well as how to work more effectively towards re/integration of trafficked persons.
This manual, authored by Rebecca Surtees, proposes and outlines two aspects of monitoring:
1) how to monitor individual re/integration plans and
2) how to monitor re/integration services
and is considered from the perspective of re/integration professionals and programme beneficiaries.
For each aspect of monitoring, a matrix has been developed, composed of indicators and the associated means of verification, to measure the impact and success of individual services and, cumulatively, the various stages of re/integration.
The tool provides a detailed insight into the following issues:
- How to monitor re/integration programmes?
- Monitoring the re/integration of individual trafficked persons
- Monitoring re/integration services
- Ethical principles in monitoring re/integration programmes
- Considerations in the monitoring process
- How to develop, test and refine monitoring tools for anti-trafficking re/integration programmes appropriate to specific needs
The manual can prove to be a good tool for all the stakeholders working towards Re/integration of Trafficking Victims. The tool can be accessed at this link.