Interested applicants are invited to apply for Maulana Azad National Fellowship (MANF) program offered by University Grants Commission. This fellowship is offered to Minority Students belonging to Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Buddhist & Parsi communities for pursuing studies leading to M.Phil/Ph.D degree (full time) in Sciences, Engineering & Technology, Humanities & Social Sciences.
The goal of this program is to provide integrated five year fellowships in the form of financial assistance to students from minority communities, as notified by the Central Government to pursue higher studies.
Eligibility & Criteria-
- He/she should belong to one of the minority communities notified under Section 2 (c) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992.
- He/she should get admission and registration for regular and full time M.Phil/Ph.D courses in University/Academic Institution by fulfilling conditions of admission of that University/Institution, subject to provisions of the Fellowship as per advertisement of UGC.
- The minority community students once considered eligible for the fellowship shall not be entitled to benefits under any other source, Central or State Government or any other body like UGC for the same study.
- Prior clearance of NET/SLET examination will not be a prerequisite for award of Maulana Azad National Fellowship for minority students for M.Phil/Ph.D.
- In order to qualify for the award of JRF/ SRF the UGC norms would be applicable at pre-M.Phil and pre-Ph.D stage, respectively, including the minimum score of 50% at post graduate level.
For more information, visit this link