Deadline- September 16, 2012
Programme on Women’s Economic Social and cultural Rights(PWECSR) second GARIMA invites applications for Women’s Leadership Development Programme In Women’s Economic, Social And Cultural Rights. Its basically Second Hindi Training to build capacities of community based women leaders, particularly from marginalized and vulnerable groups.
PWECSR, an established International human rights organization based in the Global South, will work in partnership with organizations in India. Five day long training will focus on human rights and provide issue-based explorations on poverty, vulnerability, marginalization, and discrimination, and discrimination from a gender perspective. This training will also provide opportunities for sharing of challenges and achievements and help build networks among community based women leaders. The midium of instruction, discussion and materials will be in Hindi.Organization can nominate two more per organization will be selected .
The long-term goal of this program is to build leadership capacity of marginalized women through capacity building in use of formal and informal human rights mechanisms by organizations working at the local level.
Some of the areas covered by the training include-
- Explore leadership needs of community based women leaders?
- Analysis of poverty including structural causes of poverty- caste, race, ethnicity and gender
- understanding concept of dignity
- Develop conceptual clarity on key principles and procedures of human rights such as- Equality, Non discrimination, core minimum content, State obligation.
Results of this programme-
- Community based women leaders, especially from marginalized groups empowered in using human rights framework .
- Increase in the use of human rights in the community based development and activism.
For more information, visit this link