The Embassy of Canada to Costa Rica, Honduras and Nicaragua launch its annual call for proposals for the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI). The program is directly managed by the Canadian mission in San José, and seeks to support development by financing small scale, short-term initiatives implemented by local non-profit organizations.
The 2012-13 CFLI awards will focus on the following six themes:
- Advancing democracy
- Ensuring security and stability
- Creating opportunities for children and youth
- Stimulating sustainable economic growth
- Increasing food security
- Climate change adaptation and mitigation
The first round of selection will be completed in October, 2012 and will be for projects addressing thematic areas A. A second round of selection may be completed later this year, subject to confirmation of funds, and will be specifically for small-scale local initiatives which address climate change adaptation and mitigation. A second call for proposals will be carried out once the funds are confirmed.
Preference will be given to projects or initiatives that have been successfully experimented or piloted and have yielded positive results. Eligible organizations must be legally registered in the country in which they wish to implement the project.
- In Costa Rica, the amount of financing available is between 7.500.000 and 22.500.000 CCR per project
- In Honduras, the amount of financing available is between 300.000 and 900.000 HNL per project
- In Nicaragua, the amount of financing available is between 350.000 and 1.000.000 NIO per project
- *Amounts are based on Canadian dollar figure of CAD $15,000 to CAD $45,000 per project
Organizations interested in applying for project funding through the CFLI should contact the Fund Coordinator of their respective country. The Coordinator will provide the application form and additional information.
The deadline for submission of CFLI project proposals is Wednesday, September 26 at 12:00pm local time
For further information, visit the link.