Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) of Germany seeks proposals for Small Grants Program under funding International Agricultural Research for Development that is aimed at providing a strategic instrument for enhancing research in organizational, methodological and technical innovations concerning sustainable agricultural development, focusing on the impact of research on the poor population in developing countries.
Research support addresses policy issues, the social, environmental and technological dimensions of research, the training of professionals and the out- and up-scaling of information. Funding is provided to the International Agricultural Research Centers (IARC) supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), and two Non-CG International Agricultural Research Centers and – in the Small Grants Program – German agricultural research institutions.
The Small Grants Program is aiming at:
- Funding innovative projects with high potential for development impact;
- Promoting the development of new research partnerships between German agricultural research institutions and International Agricultural Research Centers;
- Providing German agricultural research institutions with funding to initiate, prepare or plan cooperation with International Agricultural Research Centers (seed money).
Proposals should clearly state that the research approach is particularly innovative, e.g. new technologies, management systems, partnerships, products, benefits, results, or new delivery methods and services.
Proposals may stem from CGIAR´s Consortium Research Programs (CRPs) which are organized under different thematic areas. New partnerships are particularly encouraged.
Only one proposal per call should be submitted by each applicant. There are two groups of eligible applicants:
1. All CGIAR Centers, ICIPE and AVRDC The World Vegetable Center.
2. German research institutes in the area of agriculture, forestry, nutrition, fishery, veterinary sci-ence, as well as other disciplines geared towards development in the tropics and subtropics and countries in transition.
Last date for submitting the proposal is August 31, 2011
For more information and details, please visit this link.