LEVE (“Livelihoods in Developing Countries: Health, Environment and Poverty”), the new inter-faculty research area at the University of Oslo has issued the Call for Proposals to Seedfunding for the LEVE Research Network for 2010. It is also an opportunity for researchers to join the LEVE Academic Network. The purpose of this call is to provide funds “to develop research initiatives/project development, seminars and workshops.” Applications should specify their projects in coherence with LEVE’s research areas. LEVE’s research areas are based on the “changing pattern of risk” that “directly affect the development of new patters of poverty and disease.” These include
- Environmental changes
- Global warming
- Financial fluctuations
- Changing settlement patterns due to urbanization and migrations.
Proposals should comprise of the following information:
- a short description (max. 2 pages) of research acitivities/project development, seminars and workshops in coherence with LEVES’s research areas
- interdisciplinary teams from the minimum of two different institutions
- a project plan with milestones
- a budget not exceeding NOK 50,000, wich must be spent in 2010
- short CV of researchers involved
The last date to submit the applications is 10 November 2009. For more information, visit this link.