Deadline: 31 August 2014
Cable News Network (CNN) is inviting nominations from people around the globe for CNN Heroes award 2014. The award aims to offer the everyday people changing the world gain recognition.
- Championing Children – Commitment to the welfare of young people
- Community Crusader – Creating solutions to a local problem or social issue
- Defending the Planet – Innovative efforts to preserve and protect the environment
- Medical Marvel – Dedication to the enhancement of Human Health
- Protecting the Powerless – Advancing the cause of Human or Equal Rights
- Young Wonder – Outstanding achievement by a person 25 years old or under
- Other – If the hero’s (nominee’s) does not fit to any other categories.
Eligibility Criteria –
- Nominations must be in the name of a single individual, at least 13 years of age.
- Accomplishment of the nominees must have occurred (or continued) after 1 November 2013.
- Nominations submitted in prior years of the awards program which meet all requirements are also be considered eligible nominees.
- Groups and organizations are not eligible. Self-nominations are also not accepted.
For more information, please visit Nominate 2014 Hero page.