Tourism Cares provides funding to worthy nonprofit, tax exempt organizations for the purposes of conservation, preservation, restoration, or education at tourism-related sites of exceptional cultural, historic, or natural significance around the world.
Worldwide Grant Application Steps:
2) Full Proposal (by invitation)
3) Grantee Selection and Award
4) Final Report Submission (within 12 months of date of grant award)
In 2011, the Worldwide Grant Application process will take place on-line only. The on-line application will become available early February, 2011. Paper applications sent in by snail mail or fax, electronic attachments to e-mail, or items submitted under separate cover will not be considered.
Required Eligibility Criteria:
The organization requesting grant funding must be located:
- in the United States, and be classified as a bona fide non-profit, tax-exempt, 501 (c) (3), public charity by the Internal Revenue Service, or
- outside the United States, and be classified by the country’s official taxing authority as a non-profit, tax exempt organization
Note: Applications from organizations working with, or in, developing countries are welcome.
The site the organization is requesting grant funding for must be:
a tourism-related site with actual visitation (not projected future visitation). Funding requests for new sites that have never been open to the public will not be considered.
- Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 5 pm Eastern time
- Friday, July 1, 2011, 5 pm Eastern time
For more information, visit this link.