UBS Optimus Foundation has issued a targeted call for proposals on ‘Linking Education & Child Health.’ This call is for organizations from Asian countries such as China, Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia and from Latin America such as Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua and Peru.
UBS Optimus Foundation supports organizations within three distinct phases of programmatic development. Within the first stage, the innovation phase of project funding, it seeks to support unconventional, “out of the box” and even risky – yet promising – new ideas.
For this targeted call for proposals, it seeks projects which link early childhood education and health, with a particular emphasis on reduction of parasitic diseases and/or application of micronutrients to improve children’s cognitive development, education and health outcomes.
Robust outcome measurement and research on effectiveness, including cost-effectiveness, are also desirable. Additional attractive project features include leveraging and learning from local/traditional expertise and building local community skills to address local problems.
- Short application of no more than 4 pages using the UBSOF application form
- Applicants must electronically submit responses to the PDF form provided
- Novel, unconventional ideas
- Term of 12 – 24 months
- Funding of CHF 80,000 – CHF 150,000
Any organization or institution is welcome to apply, including organizations and researchers involved in, education, public health or nutrition.
- Applications will be assessed, according to the specified criteria below, by a panel of experts
- Funding decisions will be communicated by mid December 2012
Please note that only organizations from select countries in Asia and Latin America can apply for this opportunity.