“The UNESCO Fellowships Programme provides opportunities for innovative training and high-level studies through the granting of short-term postgraduate fellowships for the benefit of UNESCO’s Member States and Associate Members.”
Graduate and Postgraduate candidates for study abroad wishing to:
- Pursue training;
- Undertake advanced research;
- Upgrade skills; or
- Attend specialized or refresher courses.
- Women candidates;
- Candidates from LDCs (Lest Developed Countries), SIDS (Small Island Developing States) as well as from PCPD countries (post conflict/post disaster) and/or in transition.
- University degree, i.e. at least a B.A. or B.Sc.
- Be not more than 45 years of age.
Applicants must have exceptional merit, and have demonstrated that they possess outstanding potential to contribute to the social, cultural and economic development of their country.
Candidates must be proficient in reading and writing the language of instruction in the proposed country of study.
Field of study:
All applications must be closely aligned with “UNESCO’s expected strategic objectives and programme priorities” as decided by the 161st and 165th session of the Executive Board (161 EX/Decision 3.6.3 and 165 EX/Decision 8.6 respectively).
It is therefore recommended that the proposed study programme(s) coincide(s) with the designated priorities for each of the fice Major Programme as described in the approved Programme and Budget for 2010-2011 (35 C/5 ).”