2012 Global Women’s Leadership Network Scholarships will be offered at the fourth annual Global Women’s Leadership Forum which will be organized in Gdańsk, Poland from July 14 to 15, 2012. This forum will offer scholarships to a small number of eligible leaders from developing countries by paying their annual network membership cost. The scholarships also cover registration costs and some travel expenses to the annual Global Women’s Leadership Forum organized each year in combination with World Council’s World Credit Union Conference.
The forum will open with a networking reception and continue with a full-day peer advisory session on Sunday, July 15. The session will end in time for participants to prepare for opening ceremonies of the 2012 World Credit Union Conference. The main objective of the Global Women’s Leadership Network is to form a lasting network of women leaders and offer a forum where these leaders can share business perspectives and learn from each other. The forum is open to women leaders within the international credit union industry.
- Recipients will be women leaders who live and work in developing credit union movements.
- Recipients will have made a demonstrated leadership contribution to their community, organization and credit union system.
- Recipients will have a demonstrated financial need and would not otherwise be able to attend the forum without financial assistance.
- Preference will be given to recipients from diverse backgrounds who will be able to 1) gain maximum benefit from the networking experience; 2) contribute expertise to the forum; and 3) fully participate in all forum and conference events. Recipients will become active participants of network activities throughout the year. Past scholarships recipients may re-apply.
- The forum will be held in English. Interpretation will be provided to speakers of other languages if a minimum of 10 participants of a common native language pre-register for the forum by June 1, 2012. Speakers of other languages must provide their own interpreters.
A qualified selection committee will review applications and offer financial assistance to a limited number of women. Financial assistance will cover registration fees and partial travel expense reimbursement. Successful applicants must accept or decline financial assistance within 15 days of the offer.
March 31: Applications and references due via email
April 30: Assistance offers made to applicants
May 15: Acceptance letters due
For further information, visit the link.