Deadline for registration is 30th September, 2012
UNITAR and UNEP launch the 2nd Edition of the Green Economy e-Course from 8th October to 30th November 2012.
The concept of a green economy is receiving international attention as countries explore innovative patterns of development which take into account economic, social and environmental sustainability considerations. The United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) in partnership with the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) will deliver a second edition of the e-learning course “Introduction to a Green Economy: Concepts and Applications”, from 8 October to 30 November 2012 in response to the high need for training in this area,.
This partnership e-course has been designed for an extensive audience of civil servants, diplomats, environmental managers, academics and interested citizens. This e-course aims at enhancing participants’ knowledge of different concepts and facets of the green economy as well as global national and sector-specific challenges and opportunities to advance low-carbon, resource efficient and socially inclusive development. Additionally, the future e-students will begin to develop basic skills for applying the green economy concept in a real world economic, policy or personal context.
The specific learning objectives of this course include:
- Define the concept of a green economy and explain its value
- Identify enabling conditions for greening national economies
- Identify principal challenges and opportunities for greening key economic sectors
- Describe national planning processes in support of a green transformation
- Recognize the range of international and regional green initiatives and support services to foster green development
- Apply the green economy concept to a real world economic, policy and/or personal context
For further information, visit the link.