The major objective of the ENLACE travel grant scheme is to promote exchange between Central American and European researchers as well as to encourage contacts between research institutions for joint participation in the Seventh Framework Programme (FP7). The grant scheme works as a mechanism to facilitate networking or joint proposal writing.
The travel grant comprises two components:
- The participation of Central American researchers on specialized international conferences or brokerage events in Europe
- Visits to specific research centers / institutions of thematic interest for the grantees
Three calls will be launched within the duration of the ENLACE-project.
- The first call was launched in 2010. It was a pilot action and focused on selected FP7 events on specific themes: Food, ICT and Research Infrastructure.
- The second call closed on the 1st of May 2011. It was open to applications for international conferences and brokerage events taking place in Europe in all FP7 thematic priorities.
- The third call is now open from the 9th of March to the 10th of May 2012.
This supports researchers from the EU Member States and the Central American countries meet their counterparts from the other region for a joint preparation of a project proposal / co-operation in one of the upcoming FP7 calls (July 2012) of the Cooperation Programme or of the People Programme. Researchers may stay around for 30 days in Central America or the EU for the joint preparation of a project proposal.
For further information, visit the link.