Deadline- August 20th, 2012
Countries/Region- All Countries
Blue Earth sponsors invites photographic projects form documentary photographers in which the focus will be to educate the public about endangered cultures, threatened environments, and important social issues.
Along with this fiscal accountability, other services are also offered. When applicant join community of photographers, mentorship is offered throughout the life of applicants project sponsorship, publicity on organization’s blog and newsletters, help with PR and marketing, and more depending upon individual needs.
Organization work closely with their selected photographers to offer resources and support including-
- Non-profit, fiscal sponsorship for fundraising
- Grant-writing consultation
- Marketing and PR expertise
- Contacts for publishers, galleries and museums
- Technical resources like Shooting From the Heart, a Blue Earth-published instructional book for personal projects
- Experienced Advisory Board to answer questions and provide guidance
- Meet the Blue Earth mission
- Explain the educational component of their project
- Show very high writing quality, along with high quality photography
- Propose an achievable project in scope, cost, and degree
- Be innovative; not derivative of existing or past Blue Earth projects
- Include a budget that reflects the realities of life, includes living/working expenses, and is thorough
- Only electronic applications can be accepted and only at the email address provided in the website. Documents should be in PDF, Microsoft Word, or Microsoft Excel format. Jpegs should be accessible for download by their office.
- Applications should include the following information. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. The narrative may be combined into one document or broken into separate documents; in either case, each section listed below must be included in your application and should be clearly labeled as such.
- All documents should be named lastname_firstname_letter.pdf, lastname_firstname_resume.pdf, etc.
- Brief letter (3 pages or less) describing the proposed project and your previous work
- Applicant resume including physical address, phone number, and email. Submissions that do not include contact information will not be considered.
- Detailed schedule
- Proposed budget
- A list of sources you plan to approach for funding
- Three references with complete contact information
- 20 images of recent work, preferably the same work as your proposed project
- images must be between 800 and 3,000 pixels per side
- must be in jpeg format
- should be named/numbered lastname_firstname_01.jpg, lastname_firstname_02.jpg,, etc.
- must include a Description in the metadata (in IPTC, Description is stored as Caption)
- should have your copyright attached to the file
- Submission fee $30 for members ($60 non-members), check or money order payable to Blue Earth. You may also pay the fee online.
- photographers living and working in all regions of the world are invited
- fiscal agency services as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization may not be applicable to the tax laws in applicants country. Consult a legal advisor in applicants local area to find more details.
For more information, visit this link