31 December 2013 6 September 2013
The goal of this program is to set out in the human rights strategy ‘Respect and rights for everyone. Grant applications amount to a maximum of EUR 499,000.
To be eligible for a grant under the Human Rights Fund Small Activities 2013, the activities for which a grant is requested must relate to one of the following (sub)themes from the human rights strategy ‘Respect and rights for everyone’:
- Protection and support for human rights defenders;
- Equal rights for lesbians, gays, bisexuals and transgender people (LGBT);
- Equal rights for women focused on political participation and prevention of violence against women;
- Combating the most serious human rights abuses (death penalty and torture);
- Promoting freedom of expression and internet freedom;
- Promoting freedom of religion and belief;
- Human rights and development;
- Business and human rights, including child labour.
The duration of a grant under the Human Rights Fund Small Activities 2013 is a maximum of four years if substantiation is provided that this is necessary to bring about structural changes.
The available grant resources are part of the “Human Rights Fund”, which is designed to finance activities in the field of human rights in support of the objectives and priorities set out in the human rights strategy ‘Respect and rights for everyone’, thereby furthering Dutch foreign policy objectives. This may involve both long-term objectives and activities related to
current developments affecting Dutch foreign policy.
The Priority countries Human Rights Fund are Algeria, DRC, Kenya, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, Sudan, South-Sudan, Somalia, Tunisia, Zimbabwe, South-Africa, Bangladesh, Burma, China, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, North-Korea, Pakistan, Turkey, Armenia, Georgia, Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Brazil, Cuba, Colombia, Mexico, Panama, Venezuela, Bahrein, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Israel (Middle East Process), Yemen, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestinian Authority areas, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, United Arab Emirates
For more information, visit this link