The Belgian development agency (BTC) is an organization working to eliminate poverty in the world. BTC makes use of its resources as well as its expertise to work towards a society that provides present and future generations with sufficient resources to build a sustainable and fair world. BTC supports a large number of cooperation projects in different countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
- The request should come from a grassroots organisation, a local authority at LC1 level or an NGO. Private companies/institutions are not eligible
- The proposal must be a social or cultural activity, not a commercial activity. It must be related to one of the following sectors/themes: basic health, basic education, community empowerment, equal gender opportunities or environment.
- The requesting organisation must have at least 10 members, not belonging to the same family, registered for at least 2 years and who cannot obtain the funds through other channels (government project, micro-credit, banks, etc).
- The maximum duration of a project is 12 months.
- The minimum contribution of the requesting group or authority to the project is 20% of the total value of the project.
- The maximum amount of the Belgian contribution is 35.000.000 UGX Shillings.
- Co-financing of a project with other donors is not accepted.8. An organisation or LC1 authority cannot obtain a MIP funding in two consecutive years.
- Geographical limitations: preference will be given to micro projects in the vicinity of active Belgian Development Cooperation.
The Embassy will assess the request for development relevance and concordance with the criteria. If funds are available and the request is acceptable, it will be forwarded to BTC for study of the technical and financial feasibility, in cooperation with the requesting organisation. If this assessment is also positive, BTC will sign an implementation contract with the group. The selection will be done in April 2012 and only successful applications will be replied.
Last date for submitting the applications is January 31, 2012.
For more information, visit this link.