Deadline- 30th Sept 2012
Countries/Region- All Countries
The Athens Institute for Education and Research (ATINER) invites papers for conference on the Languages of the Mediterranean Basin as part of its 6th Annual International Conference on Mediterranean Studies, 26-29 March 2013, Athens, Greece.
The registration fee is €300 (euro), covering access to all sessions, two lunches, the official dinner of the conference (Greek Night), coffee breaks and conference material. Special arrangements will be made with a local luxury hotel for a limited number of rooms at a special conference rate. In addition, a number of special events will be organized: A special one-day cruise in the Greek islands, an archaeological tour of Athens and a one-day visit to Delphi.
- New developments and insights into Language Planning and Language Policy in the region;
- the role of Human Language Technologies (HLT) in the processing of Mediterranean languages;
- the Synchronic and Diachronic Comparison of Linguistic Types of languages in this region;
- Literary Analyses;
- Comparative Literature Studies;
- Perspectives on the intercontinental histories of the Mediterranean Languages and their Literatures.
The nature of the coexistence of extremely diverse language communities, and the historical linguistic expansions that have taken place in this region, continue to form the basis for interesting topics of investigation. It is believed that research, which is currently being carried out on linguistic and literary studies in this region, warrants special sessions at the Conference on Mediterranean Studies.
For more information, visit this link