Deadline- August 3rd 2012
They will provide funding for up to a maximum of one year for Honours, two years for Masters and three years for PhD. Continued funding depends on satisfactory progress and academic reports.
The scholarship covers full tuition fees, medical insurance for non-South African scholars, a stipend towards living costs, a travel allowance and a study resource allowance, payable in the first year of study only.
Awards in 2012 were as follows:
- Tuition fees paid in full
- Medical insurance up to ZAR 3,500 for non-South African scholars
- Stipend ZAR 48,000
- Study resource allowance ZAR 9,000 (in first year of scholarship only)
- Travel allowance (for scholars coming to South Africa from other SADC countries only) ZAR 7,000.
- Be female
- Be nationals of or have refugee status in one of the following countries: Angola – Botswana – DRC – Lesotho – Madagascar – Malawi – Mauritius – Mozambique – Namibia – South Africa – Swaziland – Tanzania – Zambia – Zimbabwe
- Be seeking this scholarship for postgraduate study
- Be registered to study or wish to study at a South African university.
For more information, visit this link