Deadline- 10 October 2012
Each year, there are two Scholarships available in Zambia to enable outstanding students – chosen on the basis of exceptional intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service – to study Over many decades, Rhodes Scholars from Zambia have pursued a variety of careers in public service, academia, business, law and medicine, amongst others.
- Applicant must have achieved academic training in a degree-awarding body in Zambia or overseas, and have completed a Bachelor’s degree with Merit or Distinction (or equivalent elsewhere).
- Applicant must be a citizen of Zambia and have been resident in Zambia for at least five of the last ten years.
- Applicant must be available for interview at the time of selection in Lusaka. It is expected that the interviews will be held on 9 November 2012.
- Applicant must be at least 19 years and younger than 27 years by 1 October 2013. This means applicants must have been born between 30 September 1986 and 30 September 1994.The Rhodes Trust and Oxford University require that selection for a Scholarship and for admission to the University will be without regard to marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, sex and gender, religion, sexual orientation, social background, disability, caste or other irrelevant distinctions.
- A selection committee will make no nomination if it is of the opinion that there is no sufficiently qualified candidate.
For more information, visit this link