Techchange brings a three-week online professional development certificate course for working professional. This course is designed to help professionals in understanding the roles of technology in peace-building, development and humanitarian arenas. The course does not demand any specific technical skills from the candidates and offers candidates a chance to go through different case studies about use of technologies in activism. During the course, candidates will study about the strategies that can be used to maximize the impact of new media.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
– Understanding the New Media Landscape: Charting a Course for Social Change in a Digital Era
– Strategies to Achieve Offline Organization and Change through Online Mobilization
– The Data Driven Organization: Metrics for Results Driven Organizations
– Censorship, Privacy and Security in the 21st Century
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
– Participants will be able to critically analyze both the opportunities and the pitfalls that emerge when working with technology for organizing and advocacy.
– Participants will be able connect relevant development, humanitarian and peace-building theories to the technological strategies and tools discussed in the course.
– Participants will be able to manage specific software platforms and utilize various technological tools for digital organizing.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
September 26, 2011 – October 14, 2011. The course is offered over a three-week period with the expectation of 5 hours of commitment each week.
Teaching Method/ Class Format
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
The entire course is delivered online. Participants can expect a dynamic and interactive learning environment. The course will consist of the three units involving a variety of innovative online teaching approaches, including presentations, discussions, case studies, group exercises, simulations and will make extensive use of multimedia.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information and details, visit this link.