Deadline: 26 September 2014
Organizations working to advance the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) in Africa have a good news! The ONE Africa Award of $100,000 awaits to support them on making progress toward meeting the MDGs. The Award aims to recognize, reward, and advance the exceptional work of organizations founded by Africans, based in Africa, and dedicated to helping Africa achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
- Applicants can be civil society organizations, non-governmental organizations and other groups based in Africa that can demonstrate commitment and success in advocacy to promote the attainment of one or more of the MDGs.
- Applicant organizations must be founded by citizens of the African Union’s member states and be registered and based in a member state of the African Union.
- Applicants must include the evidence of success in previous projects as well as funding support for previous project activities.
- Applicants may be engaged in direct services to achieve any of the MDGs but must demonstrate a strong advocacy component integral to the delivery and success of their programs.
- Applicants may be advocacy/pressure groups and think tanks engaged in governance activities such as the monitoring of flows of resources and/or holding governments accountable to commitments to MDG attainment.
Complete application materials include – organization’s certificate of registration, two letters of recommendation from reputable national or international organizations, 2013/14 annual budget, most recent annual report, copies of media reports or articles highlighting the work of applicant organization.
Categories for grading the applicant organizations (applicant organizations will be awarded between 1-10 points in each of these categories)
- Extent to which the organization has designed and implemented an innovative advocacy program that employs entrepreneurial and sustainable approaches to impact in a given sector(s).
- Ability to demonstrate and communicate specific indicators of progress and impact linking work to a given sector(s) in a clear results-oriented framework.
- Demonstration of the ability to replicate efforts of the organization to take intervention to scale.
- Demonstration of strong internal and constituency accountability mechanisms (i.e. community leadership consultations and involvement in programs to demonstrate the interventions are relevant to the majority of the poor in the target community and empowers them in a sustainable way) along with transparency of operations.
- Extent to which the organization has employed creative partnerships to achieve its goal(s) and ensure coordination with other development actors. These partnerships may include public and/or private sector players.
Organizations that demonstrate innovative ideas and approaches towards projects, initiatives and plans to make popular the POST2015 development agenda in their community/country or region will receive up to 5 bonus points in the scoring of their applications.
For more information, please visit The ONE Africa Award 2014.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.