Deadline: 2 May 2016
The Mandela Rhodes Foundation is currently accepting applications from young Africans for its 2017 Mandela Rhodes Scholarship, whose aim is to provide exceptional educational opportunities, develop a network of leaders, and thereby help to build leadership capacity in Africa.
- Tuition and registration fees as set by the institution.
- A study materials allowance as set by the MRF.
- Accommodation and meal allowances as set by the MRF.
- A medical aid allowance as set by the MRF.
- Economy-class travel allowance for international Scholars only from the Scholar’s home to their institution at the beginning and back home at the end of their degree programme.
- Personal allowance.
- The Scholarship is open to citizens of all African countries.
- The Scholarship is for postgraduate study at South African universities or tertiary institutions.
- Full funding is for Honours (maximum one year) or Masters (up to a maximum of two years) or their equivalents (MBA’s excluded).
- Any individual who will be between the ages of 19 and 30 years at the time of taking up the Scholarship may apply.
- Applicants must posess a first degree or its equivalent or must be in the process of completing one by 31 January 2017.
- Applicants should have a history of well above average academic results.
- Individuals that reflect in their character a commitment to the four principles of Education, Reconciliation, Leadership and Entrepreneurship.
- The MRF leadership development activities sometimes include weekends. It is a condition of the Scholarship that attendance is compulsory.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Mandela Rhodes Scholarship.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.