Deadline: 2 May 2016
The Mandela Rhodes Foundation is currently accepting applications from young Africans for its 2017 Mandela Rhodes Scholarship, whose aim is to provide exceptional educational opportunities, develop a network of leaders, and thereby help to build leadership capacity in Africa.
- Tuition and registration fees as set by the institution.
- A study materials allowance as set by the MRF.
- Accommodation and meal allowances as set by the MRF.
- A medical aid allowance as set by the MRF.
- Economy-class travel allowance for international Scholars only from the Scholar’s home to their institution at the beginning and back home at the end of their degree programme.
- Personal allowance.
- The Scholarship is open to citizens of all African countries.
- The Scholarship is for postgraduate study at South African universities or tertiary institutions.
- Full funding is for Honours (maximum one year) or Masters (up to a maximum of two years) or their equivalents (MBA’s excluded).
- Any individual who will be between the ages of 19 and 30 years at the time of taking up the Scholarship may apply.
- Applicants must posess a first degree or its equivalent or must be in the process of completing one by 31 January 2017.
- Applicants should have a history of well above average academic results.
- Individuals that reflect in their character a commitment to the four principles of Education, Reconciliation, Leadership and Entrepreneurship.
- The MRF leadership development activities sometimes include weekends. It is a condition of the Scholarship that attendance is compulsory.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Mandela Rhodes Scholarship.