Deadline: 6 April 2016
Are you an African citizen with a business idea that will create jobs and improve lives in Africa? Will it improve education or the environment, or solve a problem that is uncharted? If yes, then apply for African Entreprenuership Award 2016!
The BMCE Bank of Africa invites the entrepreneurs across Africa, having a business idea to create jobs and improve lives in their regions, for its 2nd edition of African Entrepreneurship award.
The business proposals will be reviewed in one of the following categories:
- Education – positively impact education in Africa
- Environment – positively impact the environment in Africa
- Uncharted – a high-impact business venturing into unexplored territory or untested markets
The winners will be awarded up to USD $1 Million.
The applicant must meet the following criteria so as to submit their business proposal:
- Must be a citizen of an African country
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old as of October 1, 2016
- Business must be applicable in an African country
- Business proposal must include a technological component (digital, machinery, computers, ICT, automated processes, field related technologies, etc.)
- Business must be for profit.
- A proposal can be submitted as a resident of any country worldwide – keeping in mind that an applicant is a citizen of an African country
- For example, a resident of the United Arab Emirates with Egyptian citizenship is eligible for this Award
- Applicant’s business can operate in any African country even if he/she is not a citizen of that country
- For example, you can submit a proposal for a different country in Africa than your personal, African citizenship (e.g. a Ghanaian citizen can submit a proposal for a business in Liberia)
- A proposal can be submitted for a business already in operation
- Applicant’s business can be operated across borders in multiple African countries
- Applicant’s business should demonstrate the potential to scale beyond one region in Africa to pan-African impact
- Applicant can operate in multiple countries, but will be asked to designate a primary community in Africa that will benefit or be impacted by the business.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply through online registration process via official website.
For more information, please visit African Entrepreneurship Award.