Deadline: 24 March 2016
Applications are open for the CNN MultiChoice African Journalist Competition 2016. The objective is to reinforce the importance of the role of journalists in Africa’s development and to reward, recognise and encourage journalistic talent across all media disciplines.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Each finalist will receive a cash prize, with each category winner also receiving a laptop computer and printer.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- The Competition is open to African professional journalists, whether directly employed or freelancers, working in the continent of Africa.
- All entrants must be an African National and be at least eighteen years of age.
- To continue the development of journalism on the continent, journalists that have been winners in this competition on three or more occasions will be ineligible to enter.
- Employees and their immediate families of Turner Broadcasting System Europe Ltd., (TBSEL), and their respective parent companies, group companies, subsidiary companies and agencies are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- Each entry must have been first published or broadcast in African media in 2015. Proof of publication must be submitted with the entry. Images that are available for download on agency websites and have not appeared in African media will not be eligible.
- The Competition is held in English, French and Portuguese languages.
- Entries in other languages are accepted however must be accompanied by full English translation; subtitles or transcript.
- Applicants are strictly limited to a maximum of two entries across all categories of the Competition.
How to Apply
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit African Journalist Awards.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.