Deadline: 29 April 2016
The European and African Union Commissions together with the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) are currently inviting applications from policy officers and scientists for its evidence and policy event to support research in the field of the Water-Energy-Food nexus.
- Enhance participants skills in integrating evidence into policy-making.
- Create a community of practice that will continue to collaborate afterwards.
- Stimulate the participants to share their new skills and learning with their colleagues.
Applicants must have:
- Citizenship of an African state or EU Member State.
- At least 2 years of work experience in the water – energy – food nexus.
- Commitment to participate in the event for the whole duration of the seminar.
- Strong motivation to use and provide evidence for policy.
- Proficiency in English.
- For scientists: Participation in collaborative research projects funded by FP7, Horizon 2020, the AU Research Grants, Kwame Nkrumah Scientific awards, the ACP S&T Programme and the ERAfrica initiative will be considered an asset.
The program is looking for:
- 25 policy-makers (junior to middle level) from EU Institutions and Member States
- 25 policy-makers (junior to middle level) from African Institutions and African States
- 25 EU scientists
- 25 African scientists
How to Apply
Applicants must complete the application form via given website and also submit CV and a short motivation letter.
For more information, please visit Evidence and Policy Event.