Deadline: 15 March 2016
Nominations are open for the King Baudouin African Development Prize 2016 with an aim to reward individuals or organisations who are making an outstanding contribution to development in Africa. The Prize pays particular attention to innovative initiatives which stand out as the best in their field, significantly improve the quality of life of the populations they serve, and empower local communities to take development into their own hands.
The King Baudouin Foundation supports projects and citizens with a commitment to build a better society. They look for sustainable ways of bringing about justice, democracy and respect for diversity.
- The Prize is worth 200.000 Euros.
- The Prize provides its winners with publicity and an international platform, particularly with the main agents of development, such as the United Nations and its agencies, the World Bank, the European Union and a number of bilateral development agencies, the world of foundations and international NGOs.
- The candidate must be either an individual or an organisation.
- Several individuals or organisations that are not structurally linked cannot be presented as one single candidacy.
- A former Prize winner may not be submitted a second time as a candidate. If a candidate was not withheld, it may however be submitted again for a next Prize.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their application forms electronically at the address given website.
For more information, please visit King Baudouin African Development Prize.