Deadline: 15 January 2016
The MasterCard Foundation is seeking applications for its 2016 undergraduate scholarship program in order to educate and develop next-generation leaders who will contribute to social and economic progress.
The Program is a $500 million global initiative and enables young people from economically disadvantaged communities to complete quality secondary and tertiary education, and make successful transitions to further education or the workforce in their home regions. Over the next 10 years, the Program will select 15,000 Scholars, primarily from Africa, who will be unified by a common philosophy of change and ethical leadership.
At Wellesley College, known worldwide for its academic excellence, it brings a special expertise to this Program: They educate women who will make a difference in the world. The MasterCard Foundation is providing funding for a total of nine MasterCard Foundation Scholars at Wellesley over the next few years.
Wellesley is known for the excellence of its education, the beauty of its setting, its gifted faculty, and the uniqueness of its campus culture. But most of all, Wellesley is known for the thousands of accomplished, thoughtful women it has sent out into the world for over 100 years—women who are committed to making a difference.
The holistic, four-year support includes:
- Comprehensive scholarships: Support for tuition, fees, books and supplies, room and meal plan, and more.
- 21st-century skills: Training in skill areas relevant to employment success.
- Transition Assistance: Mentoring, career counseling, leadership development, and other life-skills coaching
- Internships and Career Opportunities: Access to job opportunities across the African continent
- Give-back support: Experiential learning and opportunities for volunteerism and community service
The MasterCard Foundation scholars selected for the program are:
- Academically talented: They value learning, and are driven to complete their education.
- Economically disadvantaged: They face significant barriers to accessing education.
- Committed to giving back: They apply what they learn to improve their communities.
- Future leaders: They are committed to embracing ethical leadership to improve the lives of others.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit MasterCard Foundation.