Deadline: 19 February 2016
Nominations are open for 2016 Wellcome Trust International Engagement Awards to provide funding for innovative public or community engagement projects that explore biomedical research or health in Africa and Asia.
The Wellcome Trust is an independent global charitable foundation dedicated to improving health, because good health makes life better. Trust offers a wide variety of funding schemes to support individual researchers, teams, resources, seed ideas and places. It also funds major initiatives in areas which are strategically important, by invitation, but they welcome the opportunity to discuss ideas which might fit with their strategic priorities.
Grant Information: The awards provide grants of up to £30,000 for up to three years.
- Project should stimulate dialogue about research and health and its impact on the public.
- Project should promote innovative partnerships between community organisations, the cultural sector, and scientists/researchers.
- Project should strengthen capacity to conduct future public or community engagement with biomedical research and health.
- The scheme is open to a range of potential applicants, including scientists and health researchers, NGOs, educators, artists, theatre practitioners, and cultural and community organisations.
- Projects must either be led by, or in collaboration with, biomedical scientists or health researchers.
- The audience for the project, and the engagement activity, must be in a low- or middle-income country within Sub-Saharan Africa, South-east Asia or South Asia that is also eligible for our Investigator Awards within the broader remit of the Trust (but also including India).
How to Apply
Interested applicants can download the application forms via address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Wellcome Trust International Engagement Awards.