Deadline- 31 August 2012
The Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship (AAE), indubitably ‘the Oscars’ of business and entrepreneurship in Africa, AAE is pleased to announce the 2012 Awards Programme. African Leadership Network (ALN), the premier network of Africa’s new generation of leaders is pleased to partner with Legatum Group, a leading Private Equity firm and previous hosts to bring you the Awards this year. As in previous years, the programme will recognize and award exceptional entrepreneurial leaders who serve as role models to Africa’s aspiring entrepreneurs and who demonstrate business excellence, innovation and profitability.
The objectives of the Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship are-
- To promote the value of entrepreneurship as a driving force of today’s Africa
- To celebrate the standards of business excellence within Africa
- To encourage business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs to embrace the challenges and rewards of entrepreneurship
- To build strong networks of African entrepreneurs as a source of learning and sharing of best practice
- To attract more venture capital inflows towards good businesses across Africa
The awards will be open to firms originating from Africa that are independent and not a subsidiary of a larger organization, and are fully registered in the home country.
The 2012 Awards will have four categories
- Lifetime Achievement Award– Citation and trophy awarded to a senior African business leader who has served as an entrepreneurial icon for several decades and has left an enduring legacy of entrepreneurial success in Africa.
- Transformational Business Award-Citation and trophy awarded to notable business leader who has had a major socio-economic impact in Africa by building a business with revenues greater than US$ 50M.
- Outstanding Mature Business Award–
- First Prize: US$ 100,000 prize to a business leader who has built a company with revenues between US$ 5M to US$ 50M
- Runner-up Prize: Additional US$ 50,000 to the first runner up.
- Outstanding Small and Growing Business Award – US$ 50,000 prize to a young, remarkable African business with revenues between US$ 0.5M and US$ 5M.
- Have revenues over US$ 500, 000
- Have been profitable for at least two years
- Are independent (not a subsidiary of a larger organization)
- Have employed a significant number of people
- Are fully registered in their home country and free of legal actions.
For more information, visit this link